Author Topic: Input data validation  (Read 274 times)

Patrique

• View Profile
Input data validation
« on: October 12, 2020, 03:26:19 pm »
Hey folks,

After the input data validation failed it would in my opinion be very usefull to not only have the fields highlighted which did not fit the rules, but also have the list of errors displayed. As some validation errors can result from some more complex statements in the event onRecordSave (or maybe in a onRecordValidate in the future?), it would be great to be able to add negative results from more complex validation scripts to the list which is displayed to the user and setting isInputDataValid=0/false.

There's a more complex concept I realized in my apps in the past. When working with complex data and trying to help the user in doing nothing wrong, there are situations in which a validation does not result in an ERROR, but in a WARNING or in an INFORMATION. Examples would be "WARNING! With this order the credit limit of the customer is exceeded.", "INFORMATION: Surcharge for small quantities was automatically added." I don't really need it at the moment, but it could be useful in future projects, so it would be good if an implementation already considers the possibility of extending it later.

What do you thing? What do others think?

Cheers,
Patrique

chris

• View Profile
Re: Input data validation
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 02:36:06 pm »
Very smart idea.
I have already bypassed such a case and turned off the input validation check.
So I could display case-related messages and change the background color of the controls concerned.

Refining this would be great for many, many cases!