Author Topic: Issues when working through a list of records  (Read 268 times)

Patrique

• View Profile
Issues when working through a list of records
« on: September 07, 2020, 02:09:39 pm »
Hello,

we're having list apps where the users set filters for having all their records at hand they need to edit, i.e. all customers in a delivery area must be divided between two account managers.

The users set a direct filter via "Grid Colum Filter" to avoid having false positive filter matches by full text filter.

Now they open one record after each other for editing. Each time they come back to the list view, the filter is gone and if the filter results are displayed on multiple pages the page is back to page 1.

I don't see much of a chance of solving this on the configurators side. Maybe I could save the clicked record's id and jump back to it by selectGridRows, but how to re-set the filter? Maybe some specially created edit helper app with a list where all the filters are defined in the header of the app including the number of records to be shown and the offset where to begin. The user needs to change the selected filter criteria when done with all displayed records. But this definitely feels unsatisfactory.

I hope you understand what I mean and that you have an idea or a perspective for us.

Thanks,
Patrique
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 11:20:04 am by Patrique »

volker.thebrath

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Issues when working through a list of records
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 02:36:21 pm »
Hi Patrique,

I get what you are saying. Let me take a closer look at it and see how we can improve the filter and page behavior. I will come back to you with an answer.

volker.thebrath

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 04:03:37 pm »
Hi Patrique,

the refresh of a grid will not reset its filter or page anymore.

Patrique

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 02:51:44 pm »
Hey Volker! Thanks, this is much better :)